The Mobile Cook Station is a fantastic new concept in teaching practical cooking to KS1 & KS2 pupils inside their own classroom. The children choose, plan and prepare the lessons ingredients, the teacher then cooks the prepared food in front of them, demonstrating different types of cooking techniques.
Once cooked, the food can be passed around for the pupils to taste, for many of them trying new exciting textures and flavours for the first time. It gives them the chance to taste new foods, as well as teaching them to cook from healthy basic ingredients, probably one of the most important life skills they will learn.
Bringing the kitchen into the classroom
The objective of the Mobile Cook Station
- Space saving - No need for a Food Technology Room.
- Saving money - No need to commission and service a Food Technology Room, save many tens of thousands of pounds in each school.
- Reducing the health and safety risks - Young children not handling hot equipment.
- Reduced staffing levels - Not having to care for young children in a Food Technology Room when handling hot equipment.
- Less disruption to the children - Taking the practical cooking lessons in their own classrooms.
- Mobile - The Mobile Cook Station can be moved from class to class, room to room.
- Multiple Mobile Cook Stations - Different classes and key stages can teach practical cooking at the same time, not struggling to accommodate the whole school in a single Food Technology Room.
- Versatile - Can be used for after school clubs, m.a.t.ch. workshops, children and parent groups, breakfast clubs, cookathons, fund raising and many more...